Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 1 packet (500 g) of MISKO barley
- 500g Chuck Tender veal from Koutsioftis Farm
- 4 tablespoons of chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons of garlic paste with olive oil
- 2 grated carrots
- 2 grated zucchini
- 2 sprigs of celery finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 500 g grated canned tomatoes
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh herbs
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Sauté the vegetables, onion and garlic in 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil.
Leave them for a few minutes over high heat and add the beef meat and dried herbs, continue to sauté and deglaze with the wine.
When browned, add the tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, capers and season with salt and pepper.
Cook over low heat for about 1 1⁄2 hour with the pot covered.
Check the food occasionally and if it starts to dry out, add a little hot water.
At the end of cooking, the food should have very little sauce.
Pour into a deep ovenproof dish and add 1.5 litres of boiling water and add the barley.
Cover with foil and place in a preheated oven at 200 C and bake for 20 minutes.